Time & Location
May 03, 2024, 12:00 PM EDT – Jun 08, 2024, 3:00 PM EDT
About the event
Building on the practices from our Core Curriculum, this cutting-edge, practical course is for everyone who wants to level up their mental health game within their creative spaces. This course works as a skills lab to increase knowledge and confidence around applying and finessing the skills and practices learned in the core curriculum.
Participants will come away with a fundamental understanding of how mental health, trauma, and resilience factors intersect with their own artistic sphere. They have additional tools around regulation, creating felt safety, their scope of practice, and how to make referrals when appropriate.
What you can learn:
- How bodies react to danger and safety
- How artistic practice intersects with experiences of trauma and resilience
- How to use biology to facilitate felt safety in creative spaces
- How To mediate conflict using both tools and policy
- How to effectively coordinate access needs
- How to intervene in crisis and make responsible referrals
- And more!
Who might benefit?
- Actors, directors, choreographers, and stage managers
- Intimacy professionals
- Educators and teaching artists
- This course was designed by and for theatre and film professionals. However, professionals in dance, music, and visual art are welcome!
Pre-requisite: All Core Curriculum Workshops
All Times Eastern